Monday, October 13, 2008

Music Videos

I haven't been watching much t.v. lately. I watch what we record on our DVR but I usually don't just sit and flip through the channels but every once in awhile I turn on Vh1 to watch the Top 20 video countdown thing, and i noticed a very strange theme this week.
The videos used to be all about "he dumped me and now i'm gonna go party and have a better time without him" type ordeal. And that got quite boring so, I didn't watch it for a long time. Just not my cup of tea.
BUT probably 18 out of 20 of the this week were all about life and how you should enjoy it in the moment, and how you can't take back your mistakes and you should just move on. I was actually quite surprised that most of the videos had some sort of car accident in them. Honestly, i don't remember who's videos were who's. But it's still very interesting.
I don't know how deep these artists were trying to be but I kept getting the feeling that people are feeling the need to live for a higher purpose (God) but they just can't figure out what it is. We all need to be good people, we can't take back our actions, and we need to move on. I kinda feel sorry for these people. I mean, they are rich and have everything at their fingertips but they're longing for more. They just don't know it's Jesus.
I don't know if any of this makes sense 'cause i'm kinda scatter-brained right now. haha. I might bring back this topic later.
i love you all!


2 comments:

Sarah said...

That is QUITE interesting...hmmm.

Marc said...

How is Charleston treating you?